ME-1st Slideshow and MY ARTWORKS-2cd/bottom Slideshow

Chat Live!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Internal Symphony

something wonderful is happening to me...something magical is filling my senses...
the magic within my soul is Music. I am grateful to the universe for Music.


the clouds aren't lifting, the rain doesn't stop falling, but here I am, underneath the canopy, free to scream: free to run,

what is this love that guides me? what is this peace which calms me?

oh it is Music. Music. I thank the universe, for Music. the place I can roam in infinite directions, forever, without limit or restriction. from piano to voice to guitar to melody, emotion to silence........my love my love, you have never faltered nor given up, no matter how long I've pushed you aside or how far I roam> for there you are within me: always offering your arms to mend, oh, it is for you I am alive

m u s i c



"I believe in music....the way that some people believe in fairy tales....."



-August Rush



these past few days have been extraordinary. Music, no matter how long I leave it sitting on the shelf or how far I go away...there it is, within me, ready to ignite whenever I light the match of my essence. from Listening, to Composing, from hours of perfecting a song, to just revelling in the brilliance of musicians, from jamming with fellow music soulmates, to solo harmony with an instrument....

its.....


Miraculous.


what I'm currently working on is a cover of a favourite song....which in my opinion, the depths of which have nothing whatsoever to do with religion, but it truly is Holy. the Universe is sacred in nature, the balance depicted within this song is a masterpiece. this is a total shit recording of me performing but I still feel this giant urge to share it, even in draft form...music is like a contagious virus that insists you share it with everyone in the room... I'll youtube upload it when I re-record, perfect it and get all the distortion and other kinks out. I wish I could play it on my piano, but I haven't seen it in a year. I wish I had a piano everywhere I went, that is the benefit of guitars, violins, etc. which I love too, but damn it would be Awesome to have a little mini piano I could stick in my pocket and then expand on the subway or in the middle of a field. that's really where I envision playing...in the middle of a great big field on a moonlit night with a thousand stars above.....







"Hallelujah"-Leonard Cohen

Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you
To a kitchen chair
She broke your throne, and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Baby I have been here before
I know this room, I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you.
I've seen your flag on the marble arch
but Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

There was a time you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show it to me, do you?
And remember when I moved in you?
The holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Well Maybe there's a "God" Above
But all that I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody
who outdrew you
well it's not a cry that you hear at night
and it is not somebody who's "seen the light"
it's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

You say I took the name in vain
Well baby I don't even know the name
But if I did, well really, what's it to you?
There's a blaze of light
In every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah


> old piano compositions:

1 comment:

Rory said...

Great blog post and great job on the music, Liliana!!!! Everything you do is AWESOME!!!!! Be proud!!!