ME-1st Slideshow and MY ARTWORKS-2cd/bottom Slideshow

Chat Live!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Eat Me, Drink Me



Sweet dreams are made of these....who am I to disagree....traveled the world and the seven seas....everybody's lookin' for something......


Annie Lennox hit the proverbial nail on the head.


All this travel has made my brain dizzy and my sense of time completely flabberghasted. My sleeping patterns are the weirdest they've ever been. I wake up in Europe and expect the heat of Southeast Asia. I wake up in LA at noon and wonder why I don't smell the coffee of Paris. I wake up in NYC at midnight thinking it's 9 am and am aghast as to why everyone suddenly decided to wear black and look grumpy. Plus there really isn't enough time in the day for all the stuff I've got going on. I am seriously considering cloning myself.

The whole world is....unique....but...the same. Instincts are instincts wherever you go. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find, fairytale creatures perhaps? People, regardless of their varying mannerisms and languages, are still People.

Bersha books-my publishers, are in the process of negotiating a deal for my book with Borders and are pushing for Barnes and Nobles. I am kicking myself on the head for using my real name as the author. I need a pseudonym to prevent me from the weirdness of what is going on in my world.






Given that I feel quite like Alice lately, I recently saw Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Thanks, Tim Burton, for being a douchebag and ruining a classic. And because of the stupidification of this new young generation, the majority of twiglets and tweens will see this version and mark it in their head as being the real Alice in Wonderland without ever reading the book.


the Only good thing about it was the (though incorrectly quoted from the book),


"I'm quite afraid. Have I gone 'round the bend?!"

"Well I'm sorry to say, but yes, you're entirely bonkers..

But I'll tell you a secret....

All the best people are."



Insanity is the magic wand of creative achievement!



Aside from that, and Helena Bonham Carter's gloriously large head,
something which irritated me beyond no measure was how inconsequential the caterpillar's presence was in the movie. Plus the cocked-up pronounciation of "who are you". Aggggh!!!!! It's meant to be be, "Wwwwhhhhhooooooooooooo Aaaaaarrrreeeeee Yeeeuuuooouuuuuuuuuuuu". The magical wordplay, theme, and logic of the masterwork is eliminated, and replaced with ridiculously heavy CGI and total Lack of Plot.


Tim Burton re-affirms my love/hate relationship with Hollywood.

I borrow this grand youtube find from sir Cornelius Blow to aid in expressing my frustration:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is a real name anyways?